Friday, February 19, 2010

THE LONELY TREE


I was walking in the amphi, listening to the music of crushed dry leaves under my bare foot. It was an exhilarating experience. Autumn is under rated! For some reason, people doesn't find it appealing. Well, not me!

I sat down on the steps, watching the leaves fall down from the trees surrounding me. Have you ever watched a falling leaf? It dangles from the tip of the branch precariously, a whiff of the wind is all it takes for it to start its earthly descent. It swirls, sways and dances to the tune of the wind as if celebrating its own death! Looking at all the trees around me, with bare twigs and branches, I felt like an intruder in nature's dressing room. Autumn may look ugly to some, but for me it is the most beautiful thing.

I stood up and walked into the ground. At the end of the ground is the building which is open for all around the clock but inhibited by only a handful of geeky souls. In the middle of the ground,almost incongruous in its presence, is a big lonely tree.

Its strange, isn't it? To call a tree lonely? I don't know why, but every time I look at it, the phrase automatically comes to my mind. Our campus is full of greenery. Stand any where,look in any direction, and you will find grass and trees. The trees are often in clusters, with every tree brushing the branches of another tree. This lonely tree is the single aberration, standing in the middle of no where.It is in a place full of other trees, and yet, it is far away from any of them. Sometimes I wonder how it must be feeling....

Is it sad that it is lonely?

Or is it content because it stood out from the rest?

I've a feeling that the day I find the answer to this question, my quest for happiness might end!


4 comments:

మెహెర్ said...

comely :)

chiranjeevi sudhakar m said...

Trees shed leaves in 'Spring'.. isn't it? Seasonal blunder?

San .D said...

ask Google ;)

..nagarjuna.. said...

>>It swirls, sways and dances to the tune of the wind as if celebrating its own death! <<
:)