Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hail the HRs...

I always envied HRs.All they do to earn  their living is introduce bizarre and evil policies that are a huge inconvenience to employees.But the part that irritates me more is the events they organise. Apparantly,those events are supposed to increase our morale and instill a feeling of camraderie among our selves.But the general reaction from the working community is something like,"Oh crap! Not another one!"

here are the gems of ideas originated in the semian brains of our HRs...

"Save earth! show that u care for environment!! come to office dressed up in green tomorrow!!"

   Cool! I didn't know that by dressing up in green i can save earth....

"Flashy friday! Take out that flashy costume of yours that u always feared to wear.come dressed in gawdy colors tomorrow.Have fun!
Disclaimer: Flashy doesn't mean you can violate dress code of company. Please choose your dress that it has to look formal"

  wow! Flashy and formal. Now thats an easy combination!!


But the one that takes the cake is the "best boss" competition held few months ago.
We were supposed to write our boss's name on a paper and drop in ballot box. I am perplexed by the logic of this voting and approached my 2nd boss.


"I don't understand one thing. I've worked under only one boss. I don't know anything about others. So how can i nominate mine as best boss coz i don't have any yardstick to compare him to others????????"

 this logic seemed reasonable enough for me,but apparantly it was ridiculous for her.

"What??  YOu don't want ur boss to win?"

Now,thats a tough one.Think fast,nerdo, or else ur appraisal is doomed!!!

"Of course i want to. But i sensed some flaw in this logic. He he... anyway, is participating in the poll mandatory?"

"Hell... no! We won't force u to vote.If u think ur boss is not good enough,then don't,thats all."she said eyeing me intensely,"So... are u participating?"

"In a second" i scrambled for a paper and sold my vote.I casted another illegal vote just incase.After all, What is ur opinion before a doomed appraisal??


  My boss did win the competition. Thats a huge surprise,considering that my boss has 80 people under him and all the other competitors combined have around 50.

  Everybody in my project sent an email to him congratulating him on his "achievment" which he humbly accepted.

That was the moment i decided to become a HR myself.Evidently even a clueless jerk can suvive there....


 

 

4 comments:

RG said...

I never thought even in my wildest imagination that somebody from my genepool would become a HR :P

Anonymous said...

You seem to have a grudge against HRs! LOL!

San .D said...

As i said,its more of an envy! they seem to live a "oh!kewwl" kind of life in office.

Anywayz, I am soon going to find myself at the other end.Then i will let u know the truth!

RG said...

BTW, Im just wondering if your evil colleagues bump into your blog... he he he... Who cares anyway