Saturday, April 11, 2009

Its a NERD'S Life!

I tell u,Its very tough living a nerd's life. U face weird problems and find ur self at crazy crossroads and you have to take a decision,the other day the samething happened to me....


   The evening was pleasant.So i've decided to take a stroll along the beach.I bought capuccino on the way,and i've the 900 page "THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO GALAXY"(or MONSTER BOOK as i call it).

This book has given me a new identity.Though i am living in my current locality from 15 months,No body doesn't even know that i exist. Its as if i am invisible or something. After some field tests, i've observed that ever since i am carrying this book,i am becoming popular in the neighborhood as "That freak with that monstrous book".This is kool.Now i am looking for even bigger and monstrous book...Um,i strayed away from the topic,didn't i??

  Anyway,as i am walking with my hands full,my nose started itching.(U might think this is not a big issue on cosmic scale,but u are talking to a nerd here).In no time, the itch was unbearable.I panicked!! what to do?? What to do?? I took deep breaths and calmly evaluated the options i have....


1.Throw the capuccino away... blissfully scratch the nose - rejected as i love capuccino too much

2.Do not scratch the nose.... it is kind of a temptation. Prove to urself ur self control - rejected, as i don't believe in this self - help bullshit.

3.Ask the hot girl coming ur way to hold the capuccino for u,and go wild! - rejected,what if she drank ur coffee??

4.Ask the hot girl coming ur way to hold the monster book for u,and go nuts!- (hmm,may be)

5.Ask the hot girl coming ur way to scratch ur nose while u hold ur things safely - NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT!!! 

6.Using my engineering skills...Bring the hand close to ur nose,carefully maneuver the finger and do the thing. it is theoritically possible.



    After carefull consideration,i've decided to go for option six. Its worth a try. So i raised my hand with the coffe cup, brought it close to my nose,extended the thumb from the cup and SCRATCH!Instinct took over,i bent my hand too much and spilled coffee all over my shirt.

And my first reaction was " Damn it! i've to buy another capuccino...."

Then i realised that it would have been so much better if i used my hand with the monster book in it.
But hey... Its a nerd's life!!!

2 comments:

RG said...

:D

Anonymous said...

Jim Fiebig once quoted that

"Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone"

We are all NERDS in one way or the other! :-)