Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MY DUMB MOMENTS

Did u ever said or did something terribly stupid... that u cringe in embarassment everytime you think of it?? Considering the fact that i am a SCP and have less than average commonsense, I have many such moments. 
I call them my DUMB MOMENTS. On a related note,I feel very clever and savvy in prescence of some people,but if i am with certain people, I almost feel like a mentally retarded person.I feel so self concious.In those occasions, I usually try to do smart things and mess it up further. Does anybody out there feel the same way?? Coming back to my dumb moments, I had one recently in my journey to pune.I was standing in a cafe in Pune railway station waiting for my train.I ordered some coffee and looked around for a place to sit. There was an empty table at one corner but there were no chairs. So i looked around for some chairs and saw one at one table.Two girls were giggling and ha-ha-ing at that table.So i went up to them and said, "Hi! Can i take this chair??" One girl was sppechless, the other girl looked shockingly and unbelievingly at me. Now i was confused. Did i say something wrong?? Did i said without my knowledge something like,
"U are damn hot baby, want a ride??" for a full three and half seconds I tried to recall what i said while maintaining my 'i-am-a-decent-guy'smile. After the agonising 4 seconds one girl said "Nooooooo..." in the most condescending way possible. That "No........" sounded something like " BAck off!U nerdy nerd boy! we are too hot for u..." to me. So i kept my 'i-am-a-decent-guy' smile flashing and went back to my table. Exactly two hours and twenty minutes later, while i am in my train trying to sleep,It hit me! The mysterious reason behind that mistaken reaction.... Somehow those girls interpreted my question as "Can i sit with u girls and join your conversation?" My first reaction was,"Damn it! What those girls must have thought of me??" Then being the nerd i am my thoughts were " Was the sentence i framed wrong?? In that case, what will be the correct sentence to convey my meaning..." But later i realised it was not completely bad experience at all. After all, i made pass at a couple of hot girls,albeit unknowingly. But still, in my nerdy world it is a huge achievement. The fact that i was bluntly rejected at my unwitting flirting didn't deter me. Now all i have to do is add something spicy of my own this story and tell it to my unsuspecting fellow nerdish friends and bang..... I am their HERO!! This is undoubtably my best dumb moment.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha...kewl one...I guess everyone will have their own fair share of DUMB moments!.As you said add some spice to it and you r a HERO ;-)