Friday, May 22, 2009

CHENNAI REDEMPTION



  I vividly remember my first day in chennai. I landed up here for my first job with hopes in my heart and dreams in my eyes. (could I BE more corny???). I sort of imagined myself as some kinda code-king, who is gonna rock the software kingdom. After three months of bench, I was down to earth.But Then suddenly my life turned upside down. My project was a disaster. I sucked on so many levels. I was half confident that I became mentally retarded.

  If my professional life was in dumps,my personal life was in Mariana Trench! I lost my people skills. I isolated myself from all my friends.I stopped talking to people. I became an SCP. Chennai was indeed a rude shock for me. During those days, I fantasised about getting out of this city and getting a life....


   Now that dream came true.Here i am, Its half past twelve,My last day in chennai has just began. When I pictured this moment many times in my mind, everytime i saw myself jumping out with joy that i am finally outta this hell-hole. But in reality, I am more sombre. Not that i am glad, but i am equally sad. Am i a victim to some mutated version of stockholm syndrome??


  Although I hated Chennai vehemently, there are some things i am gonna miss about this city(in no particualar order of importance):

 My Beach- The biggest consolation for me during my stay.

 My Gang-  I remember ranting  in some previous post that i didn't had a gang. Well, i kinda have! After the debacle called my engineering life, I gotta really friendly colleagues whom i  really gonna miss. They almost made me reconsider my decision!!!

 My Room mate - I know how tough it  is to bear me. And i know i couldn't have achieved my CAT percentile without his support, and his material ;-)

 My Friend- If its not only for Charan, My life would have become a classic dilbert. He was my only friend out of my work. And I am glad he is my friend. Can't thank him enough!!!

Landmark - This was a temple for me.I can't calculate how many hours i spent in this bookshop reading away books for free!!

FM - Yes sir, FM radio.I love tamil songs!



  So why am i sombre? Its a mixture of all the above reasons and ofcourse,the fear of unknown. I am stepping out of my comfort zone and i don't know how my tomorrow is going to be.But i've started hoping again. I've started living again. Two years in chennai life made me a stronger person. I guess i've to thank Chennai for that.